LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pandiarajan (yyyy)     28 March 2014

Right of son in law

Mr N had 5 properties.all are owned on his own earnings.

N has three daughters M,S,V. Mr. N transfered a property to A who is husband of M. A has built a house and residing with N.

At the time of transfer V has not got married and signed the document of transfer as instructed by her father N, at that time of transfer N promised V that he will compensate in future. He has not did as he promised.

He sold out other 3 properties due to his loss. Now only one property is left out, say 50 cents . He is telling V that he is going to give two share to his brother's sons. i.e. his daughters 3 and brother's sons 2 total 5. so V shall get only 10 cents. At this juncture,

1. Whether V have any right to prevent to make a will by N ?

2. Whether V's husband ( N's Son in law) have any right to impose?

3. Is there any possibility to claim the V's Share on the property transfered to M's husband A, since N has not honored his promise. 

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 March 2014

It is self earned property of N, if N dies intestate, the remaining  properties of N will be shared by his legal

heirs,  He do have the right to do what he intends, because it is self earned property, u cannot question

the same, and if he wants to settle some thing to V, V has to contend with it,she cannot question his

intention, even if she does, along with the other things u have mentioned, it will be a futile exercise.

shekar (ind)     28 March 2014

NEED ADVICE :

My grandfather (My Mother’s father) had a house in his name and is not alive now. Grandfather has 2 sons and 4 daughters. After his death the house was transferred to one of his sons and His daughters did not  take any share of the house at that time due to ignorance. My mother is also one among them and she is still alive. But my mother is not ready to file any case in court in this matter now.

Me being a grandson, can i have a right to go to the court in this regard to get my share in my grand fathers house (Mother’s father).

Pandiarajan (yyyy)     29 March 2014

Thank you sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register