Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DILLIBABU   18 July 2017

Right of daughters on ancestral property married before 1989

Sir,
We have ancestral or huf property and the same has been divided by my grand grand father in 1966 for his 5 sons.In that first son is my grandfather is still alive till date and he partitioned the property to his 3 sons alone through family settlement deed registered in 2013. Now his two daughters came to know by 2017 and demanding share in the property. Daughters 1& 2 were married on 1973 & 1983 and they Married before 1989 and the Hindu Law of Succession was amended in the year 1989 by the tamil nadu Legislature not given any equal share to the married daughters in the ancestral property . Are there daughters are eligible for equal share or not and our advocate telling they don't have rights in equal share in property is it correct or not?

Learning

5 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     18 July 2017

As per ammendment carried in Septemper 2005 the daughters have equal share in property.

1 Like

DILLIBABU   18 July 2017

sidharth sir,

Thank you for your reply,

So what about the Tamil nadu state act 1989 which will also consider as state ruling law that will affects the rights of a married daughter before 1989.Any way whether it is enough to give judgement favour to daugthers which the ammendment carried in Septemper 2005 both father and daugther both are alive till date.Can you share any supreme court judgement similar to this case.

DILLIBABU   19 July 2017

Can anybody support about my querys.Need your valuable feedback

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     19 July 2017

Pl contact with details. Sidharth Srivastav 9811776422

siddeswaran k   01 March 2020

so many parents and sons affected by the greedy daughter and her husband using this law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register