LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shishir (na)     12 November 2017

Right in property

my father got a property in will from his father(i.e my grandfather purchased property) but he and his two others brothers fought a court case regarding the matter and my father won the case and got legal rights of property and probated the same by paying court fees/stamp duty. he also get it constructed by his own funds and now same is the commercial property and earning rent through it. now we are two brothers and one sister total three child. what are our rights being son and being daughter legally if he doesn't want to give property to a daughter or a son .

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     13 November 2017

Sir,

So far your father being alive and you all being Hindu, you have no right during the lifetime of the father. If your father dies leaving no will then each one of you will inherit 1/3 share in the property.

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 November 2017

The property is self acquired by your father and as per will he can give the property as per his wishes.

shishir (na)     13 November 2017

Can daughter claim something if property rights are not given to her being a commercial rent earning property. Can she claim something that daughter is not given share and other brothers are given share

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 November 2017

As advised by experts, which I endorse, your father may give its rent or transfer to any/either of you.

However, some vital information are concealed, which you may discuss with a local lawyer for proper appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register