LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ghouse basha   05 January 2016

Revocation of gift settlement

hi sir,myself gouse basha.my mother bought property from others and gifted me tht property in 2011.we are four brothers.when my mother registered me that property,she is in good health condition.but now she is not in good health condition.my three brothers take my mother forcely to register office take thump prints and cancel my gift settlement without giving intimation to me.Through encumberence certificate i came to know tht my gift settlement is revoked.so kindly advice me what to do to get back my gift settlement? thanking you

Learning

5 Replies

jagannath magar   05 January 2016

U obtain certified copy of gift deed fr registration office and after perusing contents of ur gift deed and alleged gift deed u contact ur legal adviser.if ur gift deed was executed uncondionally ,then u will get proper remedy. Unless both gift deeds are perused no one suggest u correct remedy Thank u J a magar

U obtain certified copy of gift deed fr registration office and after perusing contents of ur gift deed and alleged gift deed u contact ur legal adviser.if ur gift deed was executed uncondionally ,then u will get proper remedy. Unless both gift deeds are perused no one suggest u correct remedy Thank u J a magar

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     05 January 2016

Sir,

under the mohamedan law a gift settlement once granted can be revoked only by the order of the court if the settlement deed is registered. You can challenge the acts of your brothers by filing a declaratory suit through impleading the subregistrar.

ghouse basha   09 January 2016

thank u for ur advice.now my gift settlement is with my name or with my mother name now?

can my brothers wil take that property by forcely taking my mother to register office?

who wil have right on this property?

my mother gifted one more house to my fourth brother.can i revoke his gift settlement like what my brothers did with my gift settlement?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register