LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rudraksha singh rajpurohit   08 December 2016

Revision of intrim maintenance/ increase in quantum in final

Court order Intrim Maintenance in Year 2006 to pay wife quantum of Rs 2000 per month,
In 2010 court order final order increasing the quantum to Rs 8000 and to pay it from 2006,
now i have liability to pay 740000 to wife, why Court is asking to pay it from 2006, can I challenge the order to pay it from 2016.

if yes on what grounds can i challenge the order any case or ground.

Learning

2 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     08 December 2016

Hi Rudraksha when court pass this order than condition different and now  condition different and if your income not this level and you could not pay to maintaince to your wife or your wife now working somewhere than you ask to court for change order 

other you appeal in session court and show your all condition about if there your family member living with you and other 

(Guest)

IA is temporary in nature.  The amount ordered is not that big ie per month.  This only till the case gets decided.  Going for appeal wont be of any use.  You need to pay atleast  half of the dues before appeal court accepts your appeal.  But again as the order is temporary ie interim in nature, appelate court wont interfere in reducing the alimony, there have  been cases that appelate court has found the IA to be less and has increased the IA in appeal cases.  I suggest you pay whatever little you can, and take back wife, or else warrant will be issued, if caught you go behind bars.  If not caught, NBW issue, if caught, no bail.  Talk to your wife and compromise.  Its better to bend a little and make her bend whole life than showing ego in heat of moment and bending entire life in front of her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register