LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Mittal   04 January 2016

Retirement form sbi

i am employee of sbi i have completed 25 years of service and m now not fit due health issues and i applies for retirement and gives 3 months notice period to retire me o medical grounds but bank does not did anything and now its 6 months gone to gave notice but they did not give acceptance or refusal of retirement now what shoud i do whether to give resignation again or anything else

Learning

6 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 January 2016

May be they did not receive your application at all.Your rquery does not show any indication that your application for retirement was acknowledged. Therefore, Contact your HR Department and enquire and find out what exactly happened to your application. Having received the application if they have an issue in accepting your request, find out and resolve the issue.  When you are unable to perform your duties in view of health problems, it is good for the bank to permit you to reitre.

If they have not received the application, you have resubmit and take an acknowledgement this time.

Having received if the HR is not responding or giving silly reasons, refer the matter to your Union. SBI is known for very strong Employees' Unions.

If all these fail then Lawyer and Lawyer also cannot do anything if you cannot establish that you have given your application and Bank is sitting on it although there is a provision for employee to quit voluntarily.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 January 2016

Agreed.

Engage the dept. in discussion and establish that you have duly submitted the wish to retire on medical grounds.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     07 January 2016

agreed. Follow the steps as opined by experts above.

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     07 January 2016

agreed. Follow the steps as opined by experts above.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 January 2016

in 25 years of service you could have checked the service conditions of the bank.  Whether concept of deemed acceptance apply in SBI or not.

In govt deptts the notice for VR is deemed accepted if not rejected within 90 days.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2016

The experts above have advised well, you may follow the suggestions made which are very proper to follow.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register