Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chandrasekhar (Manager)     19 April 2013

Retirement benefits for widow

My name is Chandrasekhar - 9500081405.

Sir
I need your guidance and support and further action.

My Aunty (K.Lakshmi-KL) has been married to P.Ramakrishnan(PR) in 1992. PR was a railway employee- Helper-Grade in Katpadi Junction.

He (PR) is married to X (daughter of PR’s elder sister) and they lived together for 2 years and later she expired. She has no children. Nominee name was not updated in Railway records. This marriage was conducted within their family in a small temple. No office records/documents are existing as of now.

Later PR married to Y (sister of X) and they lived together for 18 months - This marriage was conducted within their family in a small temple. No office records/documents are existing as of now.
During this period, PR updated the railway records for nominee of retiral benefits (Y name is Usha). Y was not happy with this marriage and she left PR. PR and Y also does not have children.
At this junction, the elders of family made a document on stamp paper, citing that Y is not interested to live with PR and Y wants to get separated from PR and wants to Live as per her wish. A separation document was made and was signed by her, her parents (both father and mother) and witnessed by PR’s relatives. This was handwritten document on 5/-stamp paper.

Later PR’s family approached us and upon verification of all the above, KL married PR in 1992. The marriage was conducted in a Mandapam with all procedures and registered in our native place’s registered Office and certificate obtained.

From 1992 to 2012, PR and KL lived together in katpadi for more than 20years. Aadhar Card-Ration card are in their names. There were no interactions/contacts with Y during this 20years.

PR expired in Dec 2011 due to bad health in Railway hospital perambur and His body was cremated in his home place and KL was been given the Wife’s place for completing all the death formalities.

Post his expiry, when approached Railway authorities for death and other benefits, Railway authorities has said that the nomination name is USHA LAKSHMI. And they gave acheque in favour of Usha Lakshmi and we requested to change and provide the cheque in favour of Lakshmi as her KL name is mentioned as Lakshmi in bank.

Railway Authorities then clarified us that PR has given the nomination as USHA LAKSHMI.

By this time, the Y has known all these details thru their sources, has made a representation to Railways that she is the wife and all benefits should belong to her.

Now Railway authorities has advised both KL and Y, to approach the court and come with DECREE ORDER for benefits.

KL has the following documents with her. 1. Marriage certificate 2.Ration Card 3. Aadhar Card 4.Nomination of KL in one of the certificate issued Railway Society. 5. Legal Heir Certificate issued by MRO office Katpadi.

Understand that the PR’s retirement benefits with railways are approx.. PF-4 Lakhs and Gratuity is 2.5lacs only. Now my aunty KL is working in crache in katpadi for a mere salary of Rs.2500/-PM. Her age is 58years.

I now request you the Chennai advocates, who ever so, can take up this case and do the needful for my Aunty KL.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register