Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jameela (NA)     22 May 2015

Respondent not complying with order of court

Please help

I got order in DV case, against my brother in law (also a respondent) who disconnected my electricity to my room 2 years back, to restore the electricity to my room. The court has also sent papers to the concerned police station. However, my brother in laws not complying with the orders.

What should I do.

If I bring police, can he deny to reply?

What should I do if he denies? Can police arrest him?

He is pretending that order is for your husband respondent and I do not have any liabilty for you.

Learning

5 Replies

my brother in law has filed a civil case to vacate me. The father in law has transfered the property is in his name before I file DV.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 May 2015

file contempt of court against parties in the dv case court will order them to comply the order or arrest them

the next date is on 20 June.

Can I file contempt before the date?

Is there any time limit ?

Can police arrest them if they do nnot comply with order now. Or I have only remedy to file contempt before the court.

Is there any way I can enforce them to comply the order now

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 May 2015

when you got the order and any time limit court has given normally court will give time to comply the order and if they does not comply the order then you can file the contempt and court will give again notice to them and they has to respond and if they does not respond court will issue arrest but in raer cases court will issue arrest order

Sir

there is no time limit on the order. only to comply the order.

order was passed by one magistrate in april 2014. but then the respondent filed ther reply and application to stay the order. Court asked our reply. we gave reply. now the other judge came and she gave order in april 2015 that first order should be complied but no time limit.

Can police force the order on respondent otherwise arrest them?

Can I file contempt before the next date on 20 June ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register