Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagarajan (Senior Administrator)     27 December 2013

Resignation from a government organisation

Dear Lawyers,

I am working in a central government autonomous body for the past six years as LDC (GP 1900). I have applied for Junior assistant(GP 2000) post in another central government autonomous bodu last year thru proper channel. I got selected, acceptance of the offer letter have been forwarded proper channel.

I also got clarification from the new organisation by a letter that my pay will be protected. But my parent organisation is not treating my resignation as technical. It claims that autonomous to autonomous institutes will not entail technical resignations. As my last date of join to the new institute is 31st Dec, I seek your guidance at the earliest. All our office wants is the rule for technical resignations specifically for autonomous bodies. Both the institutes my parent organisation, and new institute are in same city.

Thank you, Naga

Learning

8 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2013

your profile says you are senior administrator.  But you are woprking as LDC and applying for the post of Jr Asstt (GP-2000)  what is this.

Sir,

I had worked as a Senior Administrator in a private organisation initially ( just designation only attractive not pay package) before taking up LDC in Central autonomous body. Sorry, I did not update my profile.

Regards, Naga

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 December 2013

You will be governed by the rules applicable at the new body irrespective of the technical resignation tndered,f because both are managed by separate entities.

1 Like

Sir,

Still Administrative officer is asking me to provide any rule why the parent organisation should treat my resignation as technical? My query is that when my application is forwarded thru proper channel and my acceptance of offer has been forwarded thru proper channel, Can my request to technical resignation be denied ? ( In fact I have shown FR 22 (a) (2) which satisfies my condition of technical resignation)

Will  The new organisation protect my pay? I got a reply from new entity that my pay will be protected under the assumption, my LPC and SR will be forwarded by my parent organisation, it is transpired now that these will not be forwarded by parent organisation. If I am to accept my resignation without treating as technical, Will I lose my six years services?  

Moreover I am not given any written reply till date.  

Thank you and regards,

Naga

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2013

I think Mr. Isac Gabriel rightly opined to your query.  First you accept the relieving letter given by your previous employer, tender it to the new employer, in case of any technical drawback and that if you are deprived of some service privileges due to that, you may approach the concerned authorities for the relief, first you take a step now.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2013

first you decide whether you are taking up new job or not (even without technical resignation)

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 December 2013

d repeated on

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Technical-resignation-94732.asp#.UsKV4PvQzmk

SMishra (teacher)     06 June 2014

Sir, I am an employee of a Central University. I gave my notice of resignation on personal ground. I got a letter from employer after 20 days stating that my resignation has not been considered and I should give 3 months notice and complete XYZ work. After completing the said work, I once again gave my notice of resignation on personal ground on 1st March 2014, citing reference to earlier letters and requested to relieve me on 31st May 2014 after completion of 3 month of notice period. I have not yet received any letter from employer accepting my resignation or relieving from duty. I have given reminders twice. But did not get any reply. Employer is delaying decision and and not communicating on the matter. I need to leave this job at any cost. Please advise what I should do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register