Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Devika1234 (engineer)     21 July 2014

Resignation during study leave

Hi,

Iam working as scientist in a central govt department.I am on study leave for the past 1 year.Due to some personal issues I have to resign from service.Kindly answer my queries in this regard

1. Can I resign while I still study in the institute?Should I serve some notice period according to ccs rules?

2.I have signed a bond when going on study leave for 2 years.Should I pay the entire amount if i resign midway?

3. If not,What will be the amount I have to remit,If iam resigning after 1 year study leave 

Kindly reply

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 July 2014

Resignation is an intimation in writing sent to the competent authority by the incumbent of a post, of his intention or proposal to resign the office/post either immediately or from a future specified date.  A resignation has to be clear and unconditional.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2019

Not able to agree.

An emplyee availing study leave as a liability to serve for 3 years after will have to refund whole amount of leave salary . TA/DA or other expenses incurred by the govt.

refer to rule 50 of CCS(Leave) Rules available on internet.

as far as the aspect of liability to resign within 3 years of termination o fstyd leave is concerned, you cannot get any information from anywhere accept

rule 50 of CCS(Leave) Rules available on internet and applicable to Central Govt employee.

But this rule applies only to "study leave". Not to any other leave (EL/EOL etc) taken for study.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register