LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajaymehta   22 May 2015

Resignation details

I was working with a bpo as a team leader for a process. Process was about to get shutdown which was told to us only 2 days before. I was offered other process but i did not wish to continue. I gave my resignation and wrote the last day of working in the firm ason the last day of process which was after 2 days. My resignation was accepted and I also got my releiving letter. Our incentives were due since last year and it is almost 17 k which i also mentioned in my resignation letter that it should be cleared. I was promised by my manager that it will be cleared. After two months now our director of company is saying that she will not give me my incentives as i have gone absconding and not served notice period of 30 days which is written in the offer letter. my process got shutdown and i did not wanted to work in other process so i resigned. My resignation is also accepted and was answered with ok on mail by my manager. He did not tell me anythng about serving notice period. I also got my releiving letter. So can she stop my incentives on basis of this. What can I do? Is she right that i need to serve notice period of 30 days as per the scenario where my process got shutdown and i left the office after 2 days and i also have my resignation approved and reliving letter signed from the company accepting the same as they did not tell me anythng about notice period at that time.what is the procedure to get my incentives? They are also not answering my calls now. Pls help me with this case dear experts and suggest what can be done. Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

bsrao   22 May 2015

The company has no right to claim anything against after proper relief. Send a notice to the company that if your dues are not paid immediately, the company has to face appropriate legal measures including cases before the Labour Commissioner. 

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     23 May 2015

Sir, Send a legal notice and claim compensation for the harassment caused to you .... You can also file a criminal breach of trust for keeping your money and not paying back despite your clearly serving the notice on time and all .... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 May 2015

Though the mandatory 30 days notice period is to be observed as per the conditions of the offer letter, since your resignation was accepted by the company and have been subsequently relieved without any problem, the action by new office after two months is just illegal and unjustified.  You may send a legal notice and vent out your grievances and seek you dues from the company. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register