LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Milton Kenny   09 February 2017

Resignation

I have been ask to pay back site allowance paid to me since Nov 2014 ,this benifit was discussed with manager and hr and accepted to be continues ,now during resignation they are denying my resignation for the same

Learning

11 Replies

Milton Kenny   09 February 2017

1. I have communicated following to the management is there anythink elese that i should communicated ?

2. Are the organisation in teh position to deny my resignation as discussed ?

• I was transferred from X Unit to Y Unit from Nov 2014 During My Joining I was Communicated about the opportunity, roles and responsibility but Compensation part was not clearly disclosed, communicated though I was taking up the responsibilities of Y Unit Manager and I would incur high cost of living in Noida compared to site.
  • As I recollect that my salary was not increased and communicated as take Home salary will remained same.
  • I have clearly discussed and communicated the Loss of pay that I was incurring (30000 RS.) and requested management to compensate the same, but there was no action from my manager and HRM.
  • After Requesting several times ,it was decided Between My manager Mr. D (then Mnager) and HR Mrs. C that the Site allowance which I was receiving during my tenure in X unit at the site shall continue during my role as Y Unit Manager in Noida Y unit, and will not be deducted from my salary.
  • As decided I was receiving my salary including the site allowance, however after receiving site allowance I was still incurring loss of pay, but I still continued working professionally with integrity & hope that my losses will be compensated in the coming salary cycle.
  • I have communicated time and again about my dissatisfaction on Compensation part with my Manager/HR in the organization which was unheard since last 2 years.
  • Now I don’t see the sun rise and decided to continue my career outside GE.
  • I had the 1st discussion with my manager dated 3rd Jan 2017 about the resignation and he agreed Upon to relive me on 10th Feb 2017, then I Uploaded the resignation on 4th Jan 2017 & resign from my current Position and serving notice period.
  • Since last 2 weeks dated on 31 Jan,1 Feb 2017 and 03 Jan 2017 I have been Asked to Pay the Entire Site allowance paid during this years. I strongly Feel Cheated & Humiliated when I have been questioned again and again with one sided decision which is unethical as per details mentioned above. We both will understand that since RMD and HR principally agreed on the payment of site allowance and that I am paid the same since almost last 2 years, I didn't bothered about getting this benefit "documented". 
  • I have been demoralized, demotivated and Blamed saying that “why I didn’t Inform to Manager and HR about the receipt of site allowance" however HR and Manager was fully aware of the discussing & decision in the past and Must be aware about compensation /Benefits paid to its Employee reporting to them. Please note that it has been almost 2 years since I am getting this " Site Allowance” and none of us were bothered until my decision on Separation from this organization.
  • I would Like to raise my hand and ask why did the manager and BHR agree to pay site allowance?
  • Why Didn’t They Give me in Writing about the Compensation, and salary Structure and benefits that I will be receiving by accepting the role of unit EHS manager in Y unit.
  • I would like to ask, why this Question is asked to me after 26 Months and not in the first month when I received the site allowance?
  • I am asking these questions as I never thought to have come across this kind of situation even after the proper consent of the respective approval authorities. https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
  • I Request to the Management to support me in relieving as discussed with my manager on 03 Jan 2017 as my last date of working will be 10th Feb 2017 and adjust my leaves against shortfall of Notice period.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 February 2017

Why were you transferred from X to Y on as termed by you: On loss of pay?

Was site allowce applicable only to X and not to Y?

If your salary was to remain same; then how did you suffer from as termed by you:  loss of pay?

If you salary was increased and paid (and shown in salalry slips) then do you have that written communication?

Does this communicque include any clause that the said increase is some allownce and is to be paid back if you resign?

shavi vig   09 February 2017

Hello experts : i have tender my resignation with a notice period of 1 month but on my offer letter period is of 90 days means 3 months . I am ready to deduct my basic salary of 2 months . Company has releived many people like same . I was undet same instance and now for me they are coming with policy of 3 months and not releiving me ....please suggest what can i do ?

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     09 February 2017

Releiving you either by notice period or pay is the discrition of the management. Just because others were let go with 1 months notice period, does not give you any right to claim so.

It is better to negotiate and convince.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2017

You have posted that there is precedence.

Noted!

You may post:

What is issued to you; offer letter or appointment letter or both.

Is there is a clause in your appointment letter: that states that Notice pay in lieu of notice period can be tendered by employee (if employee initiates separation by resignation) and also by employer (If employer initiates separation by termination)?

If yes: what is the exact language: verbatim?

Post full extract of such clause on:  resignation/termination/exit formalities etc.

What is rate of notice of pay mentioned in it e.g; @Basic pay?

30days of notice period should be sufficient for employer to put its house in order.

30days of notice period might be the notice period as per force of enactments that may apply to establishment/employer/employee.

shavi vig   13 February 2017

As my current employer is not relieving before 3 months . Today i dropped polite email saying 15 feb will be my last day . What else i should take as precaution or was my step right or wrong by this mail ....what should i do ...jus walk down after given date ? ...please sugggest

As my current employer is not relieving before 3 months . Today i dropped polite email saying 15 feb will be my last day . What else i should take as precaution or was my step right or wrong by this mail ....what should i do ...jus walk down after given date ? ...please sugggest

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 February 2017

@ Shavi Vig,

You have not replied to any point.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register