Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash (PO)     01 August 2013

Resign for shorter notice period

Dear Forum experts,

I am working a Civil Society Organization which has 30 days notice period norm from either side. I am quoting their Withdrawal of Services Section as below-

Staff will be able to withdraw their services only after submitting a prior notice of one month. If they withdraw their services on immediate notice, they may have to forego pay due to them for any part of the month they have worked with organization.

There is no provision mentioned for shorter notice period. However, organization has allowed me serve 10 days from the day I resigned. I resigned on 28 June and worked up to 7 July. Now they are asking me to pay one month CTC and for not serving notice period of 30 days and they will pay me June month + salary up to 7 July.

My understanding is- I should be paid June month and 7 July salary and I will compensate them for remaining days of notice period i.e. 20 days because I served 10 days notice period instead of 20. Please help me to understand the situation.

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     01 August 2013

yes, you are suppose to pay only for the balance days only. but the cluase you narrated stated is contradictory to that. never mind, you are liable to pay only for balance number of days only. Did you received any demand notice fro mthe company or from its lawyer???

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Akash (PO)     01 August 2013

Thank you sir

Company's Finance Officer is asking to submit  CTC for breaching 30 days notice period norm then only they will release pay up to last day. i.e. I will pay CTC they will pay salary +7 days salary. In this case I will be suffering loss. There has been no legal course of action yet from either side.

Kindly explain what the clause says? I am unable to understand its meaning.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register