LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roop Khanna   04 October 2018

Reserved order

i have a court case in consumer forum in which the opposite party never appeared. hence, an ex-parte order was deemed to be given. after two years, the judge finally said the order has been reserved. i would like to know how long must i wait for the order to be delivered to me by post as the judge mentioned that i would recieve the order that way. the case is of non=payment of FD on maturity and interest thereon.

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 October 2018

This is unjust, , not proper when the Act prescribed a time frame within which such complaints must be disposed.  Make an application for expediting the order before concerned district forum and if you feel it is proper make a copy to State Forum for good impact.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     04 October 2018

The time frame mentioned in the various Acts and rules etc.are hardly followed anywhere by any authority including the courts in India, so just forget the time period provision if it exists or not. The consumer forum has number of matters before it and it will take time accordingly. You just keep in touch with the office of the consumer forum with regards to latest status of the case.

But  keeping  reserving decision for two years  is not just and proper, and it also depends on number of cases and urgency involved.   Not paying amount on maturity of deposit is an important issue.

But  keeping  reserving decision for two years  is not just and proper, and it also depends on number of cases and urgency involved.   Not paying amount on maturity of deposit is an important issue.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     04 October 2018

Keep tract of case and wait for order.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     05 October 2018

since it is an exparte order I dont think the president will take much time in delivering the judgement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register