LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Katyayni Dwevedi   23 June 2016

Reservation

what is the solution for the existing reservation policy as its not according to the present needs and needs to be amended , as what should be the new basis for categorising someone to be in reserved category?

Learning

20 Replies

JustAdvisor (IT)     23 June 2016

in my opinion rather than giving reservations to any section of the society you should provide basic amenities and a supportive environment from the taxpayers money to the underprivileged regardless of caste or religion. but further for admissions, jobs, promotions and everything else, merit should be the sole criterion. wishful thinking!

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     23 June 2016

I never knew what Reservation is all about. At 26 I found out that the rich class fellows who never used to walk, used to fail had become Gvt officers, married, owning cars etc & I was spending entire fortune for the same job. Now I find they are rising, rising immaterial of all of their ills, failures & even attrocities. I contributed the best under the circumstances & have got more & more injustices. I do not know how to make good for the losses incurred on me. I hereby complain that I have been trapped, cheated, all because of Reservation.

I want all Reservation gone, irrespective of who, what. Some one is not more equal than others. I cannot be fined for someone's inabilities, ills etc. I am just a part of a large number of people & am sure many many others share this frustration. I, a post independence born have suffered all through my life & outright refuse reservation to ANYBODY.

Katyayni Dwevedi   24 June 2016

just advisor: how would we recognise who is underprivileged n whose not?

thank yoy for your views P Suresh

(Guest)

government should be find another ways to give social justice. today government doesnt have any tool for it. its bitter truth

Katyayni Dwevedi   24 June 2016

my question is what could be the possible soutions to this problem?

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     25 June 2016

The pain, amputations motivates me to invest some more hard earned, scarce resources on a societal cause. However, it can be made only in installments..

It is imperative for the authorities to concede following facts in public domain urgently:

1. That Reservation was not placed / approved in the 1940s/50s. Somehow the Office Order has got issued midway & rest has been going on & on & on. (These facts are recorded on the basis of Home work).

2. Yes, one can be punished for ills. But, pain cannot be created to anyone for someone else's sake. - People did not understand Language, Law, the means & mechanisms etc. (Even now people do not do so & this cannot be used to authorise white collar, silent attrocities, sufferings).

3. That creating pains on & on (on Non-beneficiaries) amounts to new form of bonded slavery & innocent, zealous, otherwise top, good children, grand children, great grand children etc etc suffer unnecessarily. This was not the fair, transparent, vibrant, fully accountable system that the New Democracy promised / aimed at.

The thread records, "Policy" & "How to categorise the Reserved Category" & thus suggests that these are accepted. But, above show that it is not so. Reservation robs X & pampers (Not limits to feeding) D & is thus violation of what was promised / is aimed at.

Whatever it be, Reservation NOT be extended on & on.

All unjust pain be ridden off, to all (persons). Thus, there SHOULD NOT, CANNOT be any policy, reserved category etc. We can cause basic amenities to as many without them. However it be seen, but Gvt jobs, pEEErmanence, Pay Commission salaries to all etc etc are not the solution for the nature rich demography, vivid population, etc etc that India is.

Pradeep Garg (private job)     27 June 2016

Dear all, I strongly oppose the reservation in central govt, state govt & public sector undertakings jobs only on one ground.........these are public services where mostly the common people are dealt with for availing welfare schemes of govt. How the elite class of public servants( a few selected through competitive examination out of lacs of candidates) can serve general public properly with respect of general public?? Since the salaries & perks of these public servants are much better than similar profile in private jobs besides job security, these jobs have become a heavy burden on public exchequer. Why the govt is not prosecuted for wasting public exchequer on these white elephants if employees of same calibre can be hired for much less remuneration without any job gaurantee or security???

Pradeep Garg (private job)     27 June 2016

Dear all, I strongly oppose the reservation in central govt, state govt & public sector undertakings jobs only on one ground.........these are public services where mostly the common people are dealt with for availing welfare schemes of govt. How the elite class of public servants( a few selected through competitive examination out of lacs of candidates) can serve general public properly with respect of general public?? Since the salaries & perks of these public servants are much better than similar profile in private jobs besides job security, these jobs have become a heavy burden on public exchequer. Why the govt is not prosecuted for wasting public exchequer on these white elephants if employees of same calibre can be hired for much less remuneration without any job gaurantee or security???

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     28 June 2016

In the context of this frustration, imagine this frustration: Grandfathers of the yesterdays were not even aware of the language, law & have not even taken/given any tests. They are being quoted to have PASSED Reservation & that is incurring colossal loses; bothering innocent, otherwise well qualified, adequately competent, good natured, meaningful citizens/employees (youngsters of today).

Let sins be punished (on proper proof, process). But let no one be sinned at, haunted on & on. Let a beginning for a fair, lasting solution be made: Remove Reservation; pEEErmanance (irrespective of who, what, mode of entry etc) & as well remove age limit both for entry & exit. Let it be a jobs galore. But, let a small percentage of people get into Gvt. Let them get assured 10-15 years & then on, it depends on their contributions (No right). All said & done it be appreciated that the nation cannot be fully fair, fully transparent, fully accountable etc the way it is being sought, Gvt jobs to all. In fact, some of the sectors are better left untouched by the Gvt sector totally.

If done so, one will not lose entire life if one does not qualify in the age bracket. If one did not get job in the age bracket, or loses job on account of removing permanance, s/he could reenter, or even get into newer offices even after lapse of time, but on qualifying transparent, reasonable tests / processes. This will also ensure that someone does not get Gvt salary, facilities, pampering etc for 30-45 years; while another suffers heavy loses/truncations on all these counts.

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     29 June 2016

I always oppose reservation in public appointments.

Merited and eligible are victims. 

venkatesh Rao (Retired Government Servant)     29 June 2016

I always oppose reservation in public appointments.

Merited and eligible are victims. 

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     30 June 2016

... Contd from points at 25.6.16

4. Come up with 'Voluntary Reservation Surrender Scheme (VRSS)' (akin to LPG subsidy surrender that has been a runaway success).

5. Stop Reservation fully. Evolve a mechanism akin to coupons. Person / families can use these coupons within a time frame. That would enable something definite & end after that. The next set of coupons would depend on their contributions (Transparent, fully fair evaluation, rewards) & will be OTC (One Time Coupons) again. This will sustain the persons / families tide over crisis; but disencourage them from politiking on birth factor etc. - E-black boards, voice search, youtube, google etc today enable reach every inch of planet earth & companies are very very much willing to take such projects. One can be taught on specific lessons, all at one's convenience & one's own spot.- Thus, the Gvt should be enabler & be sincere in its efforts; but the citizens should be equally sincere, responsible.

6. The Gvt be sensitive & include courtesies that will be provided on par with fundamental rights for say 10-15 years for each person/family. But enact laws that no one can mobilise resources, slogan shout, etc for these courtesies.

No one will die. But no one will make another person a living corpse because of factors beyond him.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2016

what ios the question about.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     01 July 2016

Sir,

Following is already on record

Originally posted by : P Suresh

The thread records, "Policy" & "How to categorise the Reserved Category" & thus suggests that these are accepted. But, above show that it is not so. Reservation robs X & pampers (Not limits to feeding) D & is thus violation of what was promised / is aimed at.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register