Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anto (Engineer)     20 June 2013

Required documents for bike transfer

Hi ,

Traffic sergeant in Chennai, Tamilnadu stopped me after seeing my Karnataka (KA) registerd bike and asked for all documents - i produced  copy of 1.Driving licence,  2.Bike insurance , 3.Road tax(Karnataka) ,4.RC book  , 5.Bill from packers and movers (For taking of my bike from karnataka to tamilnadu -2 months old ).
( All documents are valid and in my name )
After seeing all the documents they demanded for Rs.1000 which they later changed to Rs.2500 for not having an NOC , even after i told them that my stay is not permanent they din accept and thretend me that they ll take my bike and ll make cases so that i ll never get my bike back . Finally they asked me how much i ll give .But they left me when they got to know i am not going to  bribe them in any way .( the same situation happend to me  twice  in 2 different places )

I am in chennai for my work and my stay depends on my work extention ( my native is tamilnadu ).

Please let me know whether the documents i have is enough ? what are the nessary documents i should have to avoid such situations ?

Is it possible for a traffic person to file cases on me or my bike to detain it  .

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register