LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swaminathan   20 November 2017

Requesting for advice regarding divorce

Dear all, I got married to an Australian citizen and the wedding happend in India due to some issues we both got separated and she filed a divorce in Australian court and got the divorce also please let me know the procedure as in what needs to be done form my end because the marriage happened in India and got registered in Tamilnadu. Currently I live in Bangalore any inputs will be a great help. Thanks and regards, Swaminathan R

Learning

4 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     21 November 2017

File for divorce in Indian court to get decree of divorce from here for future use. The foreign court decree of divorce sometimes not acceptable in India with regards to Indian marriage.

Md. Malik Uddin   21 November 2017

If u both want to separate from each other then just let it go or u may also file a mutual divorce application in District Judge as per special marriage act as I firmly believe that u got married in that Act; And if you want to stay with her or prove her wrong then challenge her decree of divorce passed by the foreign court in your jurisdiction in District Judge and nullify that order and also file a restitution of conjugal rights application in the same court or family Court as the case may be.

Swaminathan   21 November 2017

Thanks for the reply Yes I want to apply for divorce and if you can help me with any contacts it will be helpful and I also wat to know when I apply for divorce do I have to do it from Tamilnadu or I can do it from Bangalore itself

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   23 November 2017

You may please mail me all factual details of ur query on basu_kunal@hotmail.com

I specialize in these matters...
regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register