LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Swaminathan   29 April 2017

Requesting for advice

i and my wife met online (on Facebook ) during my collage days and we become good friends where in she is an Australian Citizen and born in Srilanka our friendship grew and we started share our personal issues and been there for eachother and after few years we decided to get married and got married on 14th april 2014 and the marriage happened in India at my native and we have done the reg also before marriage her family wanted me to come down to Australia and get settled there and my family also agreed to that but it took almost 1.5 years for me to get the Visa finally i got the Visa on 2015 and i left India and went to Australia on oct 2015. after reaching there i found difficulty in getting a job so i spoke to my wife i will try for another few months to get a job if i couldnt i will go back to India and asked her to come alsong with me first she said ok for the plan and soon after that she started to check my laptop to see if i am looking for a job or not then she also spoke to her parents about what we discussed and her dad asumed that i have an affair in India and thats why i want to go back to india when i got to know this i spoke to my wife about this and explied her that there is nothing like that she understood for the day and again the same thing happened every other day and she even took a step further to install spying software on the laptop to see waht i am do and am i any affair with some girl in india and this made me fight with her and i told her that am gonna leave her place and go out but no one tried to stop me insted her day pulled a nife and threatned me that he will kill me no matter where i go when i left the place the same day he tried to run me over with his car on my way to the nearby railway station luckily i escaped and went to my friends place and i felt bad for my action of leaving her house so i called her the next day but she didnt respond and insted started cooking up storied to my family back in India i and my family tried various option to make our marriage work but when ever we said or tried didnt work i tried this for almost 15 days since i have no support on the Forgine soil other than my friend and i had no income i came back to india last year March 2016 after reaching india also i tried to convience her to come back to india to start a life but her dad didnt want to let her go and at the same time i was not feeling comfortable to go back as they didnt treat me properly for almost 9 months there was not contact from he and even if i call it just goes to the Voice mail and one in the month of feb 2017 i recieved a msg from my wife aking for my bangalore address as i am working in bangalore saying that she want to send some documents and i have to sign now they have decided to go for Divorce and they also spoke about the same I want to know what is the Legal Procedure from My end and it will be very helpful if i get any advice. Thanks in Advance. Swaminathan R

Learning

2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 April 2017

as your marriage was done and registered in India, you can apply for divorce, if you really feels it is necessary.  as per your long query, i am of opinion as an elder, it is better to go for divorce.  after obtaining divorce from an Hon'ble court, you can do as you like.  but never go this type of relation.

Swaminathan   30 April 2017

Thanks for your reply sir the thing is as per the last discussion we had with here relatives in India they have already sent the divorce documents and what I want to know is do I have to file a case here in India or how does it work if the divorce is initiated in Australian court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register