Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam Deb   08 April 2019

Request for guideline of perjury petition submission before state consumer disputes redressal commission

Dear Sir, A complaint was lodged before the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum. The O.P.filed written version with documents supported with the affidavit. Some of the documents found fake and fabricated. It was verbally informed before the Forum on the date of filling W/V and on the date of evidence. Dist. Forum totally ignores it and not recorded in the case proceedings/daily record. The matter was raised before the forum through written arguments and the statement against fake and fabricated documents supported with an affidavit. Forum passed its order against the complainant and dismissed the case ignoring written argument completely. Now the case is pending before the State Commission for hearing. Can I file Mise. Application for case of perjury under section 23 of Consumer Protection Regulations read with section 13(5) of CPA'86 in this stage. Please guide me, I am a consumer activist and I represent consumer cases voluntarily free of cost. Thanking you in anticipation, Yours faithfully, Goutam Deb.

Learning

3 Replies

TGK REDDI   08 April 2019

Perjury is a criminal matter. Criminal matters are dealt with by Criminal COurts. In your case it's not perjury, but forgery. The documents were forged before being produced in the Forum, not while they were in the custody of the Forum.

Goutam Deb   09 April 2019

Thank you for your reply. This is to inform you that the statements made in some paragraphs of the written version supported with false and fabricated documents under affidavit and solemn affirmation under oath for which the affidavit is false on that specific averments. It is a criminal offence.DCF authorised to file the complaint under Sec.23 of Consumer Protection Regulations of 2005. It is surprising that DCF totally inactive on that issue after verbal submission even the matter was raised through an affidavit with the written arguments. The matter is pending before State Commission. Can I file any petition on that issue before the Commission? Thanking you.  

Goutam Deb   10 April 2019

Dear OM PRAKASH BABU, DCF totally inactive on that issue after several verbal submissions even the matter was raised before the DCF through an affidavit with the written arguments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register