Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hanumantha (NTPC)     25 November 2015

Representing civil case

Dear Experts,

I am an NRI and have a Residential Property in Andhra Pradesh and I am getting threatened by one of my relatives to file a civil suit against me for claiming share in the property. 

I will be very greatful if you guide me in following questions.

1) What is the best way to know that there is a civil suit filed against me as I am not living in India.Theoretically my relative can send notice/proceedings to my previous rented address (bangalore) which I am no longer living and left the place many years ago.

2) What is the best way to fight the civil case. Can a civil lawyer alone represent my case/ Do I need to give POA to someone in addition to lawyer to represent the case.

Thanks in advance,

Hanumantha.

Learning

2 Replies

Hanumantha (NTPC)     25 November 2015

Thank you very much for your advice sir,

Can advocate alone represent my case ?.  I mean to ask whether I need a representative in addition to advocate ??

Thanks in advance,

Hanumantha

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 December 2015

If at all there is a civil suit you will be served with the summons to your address, if you anticipate any summons, you may inform the present occupier of that address to receive the summons on your behalf and intimate you about this after which you can fight the case in the court.

You may execute a special power of attorney in favor of any of your close relative and engage an advocate who will follow up the case through the said power of attorney agent. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register