Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

perm32 (Asst Professor)     01 September 2014

Reply to legal notice

Dear Lawyers,

My wife had psychotic behaviour for the past 1 year or so. She had tried to commit suicide twice as well. When I consulted a psychiatrist regarding her behaviours, psychiatrist suspected a certain mental illness for my wife. So, I decided to take her to the same psychiatrist but my wife refused to come with me. Considering the safety of my son, I dropped my wife and son at her parent's place in 1st week of June. Since her parents also refused to let her come to psychiatrist  for 2 months, I issued a lawyer's notice on 29th July to bring her for check up with a psychiatrist.  Now, she is refusing to reply to the notice but willing to come to psychiatrist. I am not sure whether I can take her to a psychiatrist without her replying to the lawyer's notice? Or should I proceed to the next step and issue a sort of reminder?

thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 September 2014

had you informed the police on the suicidal attempt of your wife and saved the complaint copy with you , it will help you if she actually commits the suicide , if she is ready for her treatment then take her to the psychiatrist and start the treatment , let her understand that if she will be medically fit then it will be better for her and also for your family , no need to go for any legal action against her .

perm32 (Asst Professor)     02 September 2014

Thank you Mr. Laxmi Kant. There is one problem though. My wife wants me to withdraw the lawyer's notice before she comes to the psychiatrist. I am not sure what to do. 

Thank yo u

Arpit lalan (Legal Consultancy/Advocate)     02 September 2014

A legal notice has already been sent. So no question of withdrawing. Now, you should have informed the local police station about it. Also, continue to take her to the Psychiatrist. have everything documented and maintain a file on the same.

perm32 (Asst Professor)     03 September 2014

Thank you Aprit. I have no intention to withdraw lawyer's notice. I do as you have suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register