LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manoharan (Private Secretary)     28 March 2019

Repayment of advance for rental house

I was in a rented house in Trichy and paid Rs.50000/- towards advance to the owner (lady) who is in Pudukkottai. 6 months in advance, I have Informed her that we will vacate on 31.03.19. We have cleaned Septic, water tank and the house also cleaned, after the household goods are taken. When I asked for the advance paid, she is asking is there any rule that she has to refund advance on day of vacating. And also she used unparliamentary words, which were recorded in my phone. Kindly inform what is the action to be taken to get back advance amt paid.

Learning

4 Replies

monojeetchakraborty   28 March 2019

u should have entered into a rent agreement before making any payment of advance. However, pls seek intervention of local police station to mediate in the matter.

I have got rental agreement signed by the owner. Now Police will be busy in election work. Can I tell the house owner (a lady) that only when advance is returned, I will hand over the key of the house. I have recorded her unparliamentary words on payment of advance. Kindly clarify.

I have got rental agreement signed by the owner. Now Police will be busy in election work. Can I tell the house owner (a lady) that only when advance is returned, I will hand over the key of the house. I have recorded her unparliamentary words on payment of advance. Kindly clarify.

monojeetchakraborty   28 March 2019

You have to ask for help from police and appraise them every thing. However u can also intimate this to other neighbours and ask for their intervention.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register