LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kevyn789   31 August 2016

Repair & maintenance hsg society, maharashtra

We are a CHS of 8 wings A to H. Managing committee has delegated repair and maintenance of each wing to wing members themselves thru wing repair teams headed by a wing representative who is a managing committee member.  Raising and disbursal of funds and all repair and execution of repairs of a particular wing are then carried out thru resolutions taken at meeting of members of that wing and their repair team.  These decisions are then conveyed to the managing committee thru minutes of these wing meetings.  Funds raised by each wing, each according to their own requirements, are kept in separate repair accounts for each wing, and are separate from other society funds raised thru society general body resolutions. Managing committee only plays a supervisory role. However at times in case of disputes, it  intervenes and unilaterally  discards and overrides wing repair team decisions, even in matters of disbursal of  that wing’s funds, even though there are no model bye law contraventions. I understand that repair and maintenance of a CHS is a function of the managing committee and not of society members. Is such a delegatory system of repair and maintenance of a society teneable in law under model bye laws and can a managing committee unilaterally disburse funds from a wing repair a/c wherein funds are not raised thru resolutions of the general body of the society? An finally, can any one of these 8 wings, opt out of this system, and hand back repair and maintenance of their wing to the managing committee of the society? State of Maharashtra.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     31 August 2016

CSH has irs own bye law which mentioned its rules and regulation for control of its operation.

If u mentioned the name of state then could guide you properly.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile. 

kevyn789   31 August 2016

State is Maharashtra.

Thanks.

kevyn789   01 September 2016

adv. bharat @ pune

I quote from yr reply "If u mentioned the name of state then could guide you properly"

State is Maharashtra.

Awaiting yr guidance.

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register