LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeevan (Finance)     21 October 2014

Reopening evidence & objections to it

What is the procedure of reopening the evidence if the evidence was closed by the court due to non-appearance of witness. Also, can it be objected? 

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 October 2014

Tell us the stage of the case.

Jeevan (Finance)     22 October 2014

Here is the case. In 498a case, my x-wife and her family were not appearing for evidence even after multiple summons and warrants. Hence court dropped the evidence. After two hours of this, she appeared in court (maybe PP informed her of this development) and told judge that she was late and judge ask her to come in the next date.

This is kind of delaying technique. I like to know what she can do in the next date and what I can do to object it.

Thanks 

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     22 October 2014

If evidence is closed then please don't make any more delay. Please go for faster dispossal.

For your question - the answer is CrPC 311, however it is not recommended.

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     22 October 2014

They may file petition to re open prosecution witness . The court by all means is not going to allow the petition to re open prosecution witness, but ultimate decision lies with the court, and if any thing happens on the contrary, it is better to finish the crossing. It saves lot of time, because from your version it seems the prosecution side is weak.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register