Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saikumar (Software engineer)     28 January 2014

Rental- landlord pan

Dear Lawyers-

I have rented a house in KPHB since Jun 2012. There is no rental agreement, no receipts and no proofs exchanged. Just oral agreement of Rs 12500 rent per month.  After one year without any prior intimation owners increased the rent by Rs 1000 after one year of stay with a gesture saying that this happens everywhere. 

Now as per new Income Tax regulations, any HRA claim more than  8300/- per month (1,00,000 Per Annum) should be submitted along with landlord's PAN card. My House owner refused to come into any terms like reducing the rental amount or giving the PAN card for Investment Declaration. On top of this- I was given a free advise to submit a fake address. 60,000 of my HRA will become taxable resulting in atleast 12000 of tax deduction. Who is responsible to pay this TAX to IT dept? Is it the tax offender- house owner or as a tenant who paid the full rental amount and now in-turn paying the tax instead of the landlord.

Please advise. 

Thanks,

Saikumar Srivatsav

Learning

4 Replies

Saikumar (Software engineer)     29 January 2014

Any suggestions?

R K JAIN (Advocate)     31 January 2014

How you are getting the rebate without rent receipt. Rent receipt is the main requirement to get the benefit. If you are paying the rent to land lord without the rent receipt then you are the offender.

R K JAIN (Advocate)     31 January 2014

How you are getting the rebate without rent receipt. Rent receipt is the main requirement to get the benefit. If you are paying the rent to land lord without the rent receipt then you are the offender.

Saikumar (Software engineer)     31 January 2014

Thank you for Responding

This is the first time I am submitting for tax rebate after we moved into this place. For the past financial year, Previous landlord signed on the rental receipt once and for all together while submitting for rebate. May be I was under the same assumption.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register