Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pranav Jani   01 February 2018

Rent without agreement issue

Hi all,

I have been living in 1 bhk in Hyderabad since a year without rental agreement as my landlord never offers it. I had already bad experience with my previous landlord wherein he deducted half of the deposit amount without any valid reason and there also I stayed without agreement.

Now I have offered rental agreement to my landlord on 50 Rs, stamp paper few days back to avoid previous bad experiences, as I want to relocate to other city i n a month time, he didnt sign it on the agreement. He didnt know yet about my relocation as I was thinking to reveal it after signing on the paper.

I am sure that he will deduct the deposit amount without any valid reason thats why he is not willing to sign on the paper. I paid 23K as rental deposit at the time of entry.

What is the solution?

Please suggest.

Thank and Regards,
Pranav

Learning

2 Replies

Vignesh Venkat   01 February 2018

The only option then would be to ask the landlord to deduct the monthly rent from the deposit. In a few months the deposit would come down to zero and then you can vacate. Ought to have planned this a bit earlier. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2018

Do you have receipt of security deposit or any irrefutable evidence…

Preferably close the matter by reasonable notice in presence of unshakable witnesses with irrefutable evidence…..and obtain FnF settlement receipt/evidence….showing  advance/security and payouts and no balance.

Take photos video of good condition of premise ….that was vacated.

Prefer settle amicably.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register