Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sushanto (Regional HR Manager)     29 January 2014

Rent vs paying guest

Dear Experts,

I have been living in a  house in New Alipore in Kolkata for the past 4 months now.  It is a furnished house (Bed, Fridge, TV (With no cable connection), Geyser, Gas & Stove). I have got the dish connection installed for the TV & Bought utensils for the kitchen.

It is a one bedroom, attached bathroom and kitchen (for 10K rental per month)

I have always paid the rent before the 5th of the month. I have been asking the owner to give the Pancard details as I have to submit the same in office for HRA details, which my owner has not been giving for the last 2 months.

This month (Jan 14) a friend of mine visited to me in Kolkata, I have asked him to stay at my place and due to my work I had to travel out of kolkata. My owners came to my room and asked my friend to pay 7k or the month prorata saying that I have been staying there as paying guest.

When I have questioned them about the same they are arguing that I also have been staying as paying guest and they are running a paying guest. Which is the first time they have mentioned this way tome..

Suggest how do i counter this illegal and unjust ways of my owner, who went so low and indulged in a breach of trust.

Learning

1 Replies

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     30 January 2014

dont worry you can FIR against or hire a advocate for that

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register