Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mridul   10 September 2015

Rent not paid whats next

Hi,

I am an NRI purchased a property in Ahmedabad in 2008. I have given my property on rent. The tenant has been staying in the property for more than a year. We started facing problem from the tenant for last few months. He has defaulted in providing his rent for last 4 months. In each and every reminder he is ready to pay the late fees. Till date we owe Rs 35,000/- from him.

Presently I have started the process for sending him a legal notice to evacuate the property.

Do we need to logde a police complaint? Do we need to register a case against him? If the case is registered looking at the legal system in India it is going to take long years.

Can someone advise what needs to be done to get the dues back that he owes to us?

Regards

Mridul Dutt

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 September 2015

Sir,

Please share the terms of rent agreement in order to get correct opinion, because if as per the terms of the agreement and notice send by you, he is still over staying at the property illegaly, then he is staying there illegaly and he should be booked for Criminal Trespass.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

advocate.kapilc@gmail.com

Mridul   16 September 2015

Thanks Kapil for your reply.

The tenant has agreed to pay all his dues tomorrow. I am hoping he abides with his committment. Regarding legal notice I have yet to send him one officially.

Will keep you posted and might require more suggestions incase if fails with his committment.

Regards

Mridul
+61 418 984 805

Mridul   23 September 2015

Hi

As mentioned earlier, the tenant has been staying in the property for more than a year. We started facing problem from the tenant for last few months. He has defaulted in providing his rent for last 4 months. In each and every reminder he is ready to pay the late fees. Till date we owe Rs 35,000/- from him.

Can anyone explain what is the process from here onwards?

Cheers

Mridul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register