LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dripta   08 August 2016

Rent law

My father has tenant residing 10 years. Lat agreement was for 3 years and expired 1pril 2016. Father told to vacate house. They asked some time and now they are asking to renew for 1 more year. But Father do not ewant and they started arguinng that they can not leave before 1 year. My father is not staying that house on regular basis . He keeps on visiting me . So that time house will be empty. A maid is there who clean our floor and tenant will open the door to maid. Now they are arguing they are maintaining our house in our absence then we sould be considerate and give them 1 year time. WHat should we do? How to vacate house?

Learning

8 Replies

kamal krishan (Agriculture)     08 August 2016

If u r getting rent pleasantly , and do not need house for your self , there is no harm to have the fresh agree ment in mutual acceptances . Alteratively can file a suit for eviction , on the ground of termination of agreed terms . The court battle will take its own time , as known to every body .

If u r getting rent pleasantly , and do not need house for your self , there is no harm to have the fresh agree ment in mutual acceptances . Alteratively can file a suit for eviction , on the ground of termination of agreed terms . The court battle will take its own time , as known to every body .

(Guest)

You should send them a legal notice asking them to vacate the house. Give them one month's notice or as much time as per your agreement. Do note that they will be fined for over stay. You may contact me for drafting of legal notice if needed. Further if they dont leave then you file a suit for eviction on this basis. 

Regards,

Rit Arora

Advocate

Dripta   08 August 2016

Sir, your phone is off

Dripta   08 August 2016

Kamal sir, we need the house now. As I want to move back to my house . we need extra bedroom

Adopt the legal course as adviced by the expert . people in many cases use their own self styled methods for getting their premises . back. Which is only done by dones , and R Not allowed by law . you are having valid grounds for personal necessity .

Adopt the legal course as adviced by the expert . people in many cases use their own self styled methods for getting their premises . back. Which is only done by dones , and R Not allowed by law . you are having valid grounds for personal necessity .

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     09 August 2016

The course which you need to adopt totally depends on the rent which the tenants were paying as well as the city in which the property is situated.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register