Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj (dd)     01 October 2013

Rent control

Dear Sir,

Im running a commercial office in Chennai.  The time when i entered the office before 3 years, the rent is Rs.7500 for 350 sqft.  Now the rent is Rs.10000.   The owner is fighting for 10% of the rent increment for every 11 months.  I have a lease agreement in which it is mentioned that 10% of the rent increment every 11 months.  I understand that i have agreed to it.  But he is also asking for the Advance Increment Every Year.  I dont know what is the Law for Rent Act by that time.  I have been given 2nd Floor and that doesnt seem to be like office at all..  It is a very olden building and has wooden doors. The stair cases are so broken and the customers find it difficult to come to my office.  Daily other tennents in the same building fight with me if i park the vehicle on the road.  There is no provision for parking also.  I leave my vehicle on the road and every day someone comes and fights with me.  I want to be in the same location for some more years as i have advertised that i have my office in this location.  I have requested my landlord not to increase 10% as there are no provisions in the building at all and so i dont have income at all.  He is asking me to vacate.  Since the customers are not coming,  im feeling it difficult to pay 10% rent increment and advance increment.  Please guide me what i should do.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2013

Generally, if conditions are agreed upon, any violation will lead to breach of contract and the remedies duly incorporated in the conditions itself. Why dont you consult your lawyer and  approach Rent Controller for fixation of Fair rent, wherein the amenities problems will have its place to get you the relief you desired for.

2BHelpfull (Other)     03 October 2013

as in the agreement both the party has agreed for an renewal increment in rent u have to follow the T n C of agreement. as for Advance Increment Every Year agreement has to be studied contact an adv. for studying ur agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register