LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutham Chand Kothari (CEO)     25 April 2013

Rent control

I am Goutham from Chennai , we have a house in Nagaur dist (Rajasthan ) , there is a tenant not vacating the house and we had filed a case in Feb 2010 under rent control Act, for vacating the house.

the case is moving very slowly, like in 2012 out of 10 hearing dates only 2 hearings went through and in 2013 till date out of 4 hearings no work or proceedings has taken place, 

The oppsite party comes on hearing date and signs the register and goes off, due to lack of time the judge gives next date, and my advocate is not responding properly.

What should i do to speed up the case, and will i be under default  for not taking the case seriously as i am the plaintiff. 

Kindly advice me , if any one practicing law in Jodhpur high court may please contact me at 09962306150

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Goutham Chand

Chennai

Learning

1 Replies

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     25 April 2013

In civil cases the speed is slow and time taking. If your Advocate is not responding to you properly  he should not adopt such tactice. You may change your Advocate in need. Probably he may not be able to get the case early decided due to the reasons beyond his control. If you do not responded to the requirements of the court being a plantiff the court may dismiss the case. Your Advocate must be looking your interest in the court and you should supply / arrange the required information / witness/ documents so that he may be able to get the case decided at an early date.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register