Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

siddhartha kumar (prop)     22 January 2013

Rent agreement.

Dear Sir,

I am renting my property to a Service Class family. Rent is above Rs. 10,000 / - Per month. It is necessary to enter in a registered lease deed ?  If i do not enter into a registered agreement but only in a private agreement of Rs. 500/- E stamp signed by the Lessor & Lessee ,what will be the risks invloced ? Plse advise

Regards,

Siddhartha 

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     23 January 2013

If the rental/lease period is more than a year it needs to be compulsarily registered. The other option is to execute a rental agreeement for 11 months and to renew it every year at the end of the agreement period.

siddhartha kumar (prop)     25 January 2013

Dear Mr. Vishnu, 

It means i can enter into a non-registered / notorised rent lease deed for 11 months.....and then make a new one after the expiry of the said lease. I have also mentioned the name of the property dealer and making him witness as well. Also i have taken the Adhar card copy, PAN card copy, ID of company where the tenant works and his old rent lease deed with his earlier LESSOR. In addition i have also done police verification. Will that be enough. Plse advise.

siddhartha kumar (prop)     25 January 2013

Dear Mr. Vishnu, 

It means i can enter into a non-registered / notorised rent lease deed for 11 months.....and then make a new one after the expiry of the said lease. I have also mentioned the name of the property dealer and making him witness as well. Also i have taken the Adhar card copy, PAN card copy, ID of company where the tenant works and his old rent lease deed with his earlier LESSOR. In addition i have also done police verification. Will that be enough. Plse advise.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     26 January 2013

This would suffice for an unregistered rental agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register