Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rukumar (No)     24 July 2014

Rent aggrement going tgo expire on 30th but tenant

Dear legal experts

I rented out a Shop by 11 month aggrement which is going to expire on 30th of this month.

No the tenant is saying that he will not vacate the shop.

What should i do to vacate the shop now?

what is the procedure?

how long the legal battle will go if i take a legal route?

Do we need to send a legal notice or any other methods are available.

Please help me out.

Regards

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 July 2014

Dear,

Send a notice to evict the same and when he does not vacate the same then send a legal notice. Even thereafter him not vacating the said premises, you will have to file a civil suit claiming eviction proceedings and it takes time. Exactly how much it will take it will take that only god knows.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 July 2014

Upon termination of rental agreement period, you can ask him to vacate the house by refusing to extend the agreement period anymore, if he refuses or declines to do so, issue him a lawyer notice asking him to vacate and handover vacant possession of the premise immediately within 7 days on receipt of notice. If he fails to comply, you may file an eviction suit against him praying the court to direct him to vacate or to forcibly evict him from the suit property. The legal case will run for a year or little more than that.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register