LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vijay (manager)     19 October 2017

Rent act under pagdi

My Grandfather was a tenant in Mumbai since 1940’s under the pagdi system. There was no  rent agreement with the landlord in 1940’s.He passed away in 1981 and the landlord transferred the house to my fathers name without taking noc from my fathers’ sisters. He then started issuing rent receipts till 2009 which my father regularly paid. My father has 4 sisters and they were married and were staying separately with their husbands at the time of transfer to my father’s name.

In 2009 the property went for redevelopment and my father was to get a flat under existing redevelopment laws.Now in 2017 the flat would be ready and my father would get the possession in 2-3 months time.

Now one of my aunt(father’s sister) with whom the relation with my father is strained  has of  now put up a notice to my father & landlord  saying that my father has illegally transfered the flat to his name without taking noc from her and the landlord has transferred the flat to my fathers name illegally without taking noc from her and is claiming civil and criminal damages.I think this is deliberately done by my aunt to harass my father in his old age.

What is the legal remedy for this?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register