Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anupama   03 July 2019

Rent Revision and eviction

Dear Mambers,

I had given a shop on rent by 11 month lease agreement which is duly notarized...rent was 8000 per month..now this 11 month period got over and I came to know that market rent for this particular shop should be atleast 14000 per month..now tenant not ready to increase the rent and also refusing to vacate..In our expired lease agreement it was mentioned that if tenant refuses to vacate after expiration of agreement,he is bound to pay double renti.i.e 16000 per month as use and occupation charge till litigation continues(if any).

what should I do now..can I claim 16000 per month from court if litigation continues for long period..pls show me the path...

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

The term of the said lease has been expired. Therefore the said terms and conditions shall not be applicable to both parties. If your tenant/ lessee is unwilling to vacate the said property, do immediately serve a legal notice of eviction.

1 Like

Anupama   03 July 2019

Sir ,how much time will it take approximately in process of eviction thru court & how much amount court will direct tenant to pay me per month till tenant vacates.

Viswanath (Student)     03 July 2019

You can by all means approach the court for eviction and mesne profits. You can claim the amount on the ground that the normal rent has increased spirally, but not based on the agreement which has expired.

Anupama   03 July 2019

sir,it means in no way I can claim for use and occupation charge which was mentioned in lease agreement??will court consider increase in rent?

(Guest)

Rent laws differs from State to State. Please provide me copy of the said agreement which you are referred for refernce and rendering of sound legal opinion.

Anupama   03 July 2019

I reside at Haryana sir

Anupama   03 July 2019

sir it's an 11 month agreement..use and occupation charge mentioned in it...can I claim that?

Anupama   04 July 2019

does 11 month agreement also comes under tenancy or rental act?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register