LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indraneil Mukherjee   13 January 2016

Removing name from flat agreement which is under loan

I had taken a home loan from HDFC to purchase a flat last year, I am the primary applicant, and I have my wife and her mother as co applicants. This loan is 1 year old, and I will be taking possession of the flat later this month.

Can someone please help me with the process to have her name removed. there is no dispute or disagreement, there fore signing any document should not be a challenge.

the primary owner will be me, and the co applicant my wife. Can anyone please advise on what needs to be done since I will be taking possession of the flat in the next few weeks and was hoping to get all the paper work done prior to this.

Learning

1 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 January 2016

If i am right you would like to remove your MIL from sale agreement, in that case you can  write to the bank removing her from sale transactions, with a consent letter from her ,provided the loan was disbursed  without any document  or support of hers. If sale deed was already done you can seek relinquishment or release deed from her and convey the same to bank authorities. It is purely pre-rogative of the bank to accept this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register