LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandeep (pvt service)     13 March 2017

Remarriage after exparte divorce

hi all, got exparte divorce 3 months ago, i had filed divorce and wife appeared and filed say, then disappeared, court therefore granted exparte divorce, now can i remarry after 90 days appeal period? there is no appeal filed in high court. also 125 case is running still, do i still have to pay maintainence.thansk

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Agree with Mr Singh's advice.  A word from me.  please avoid marrying any of the following,

1.  Unmarried girl.

2.  Divorcee.

3.  Widow.

4.  Anulled/separated.

5.  Rich girl.

6.  Poor girl.

7. Middle income group girl.

8.  Earning girl.

9.  Girl who just wants to be housewife and is not willing to work outside.

All the best yes

1 Like

Sachin (N.A)     14 March 2017

Originally posted by : sandeep
hi all, got exparte divorce 3 months ago, i had filed divorce and wife appeared and filed say, then disappeared, court therefore granted exparte divorce, now can i remarry after 90 days appeal period? there is no appeal filed in high court. also 125 case is running still, do i still have to pay maintainence.thansk

If no appeal is pending against divorce, then you can remarry.

You have to contest 125 CrPC on merits, to get rid of maintenance you need to prove that she is "capable to earn", If you remarry and she win the 125 CrPC then maintenance amount will be reduced as exependiture on your present wife will also be considered. 

Subhomoy Das (Retail Manager)     14 March 2017

Does getting remarried after obtaining the Exparte divorce order from the court have got any links with the maintainance 125 Crpc ? Sec 125 Crpc if pending then can an individual remarry again though Divorce order is passed ?

Advice please

Sachin (N.A)     14 March 2017

Originally posted by : Subhomoy Das

Does getting remarried after obtaining the Exparte divorce order from the court have got any links with the maintainance 125 Crpc ?

Sec 125 Crpc if pending then can an individual remarry again though Divorce order is passed ?

Advice please

A person can remarry after getting divorce from court and if no appeal is pending against the divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register