LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priyanka (student)     28 October 2012

Remarriage

i got married under special marriage act (but we are both hindu) on 2008 and then got divorced mutualy on july 19th 2012..got my final decree also..is there any waiting time to remarry????

Learning

7 Replies

498 A fighter (Advocate)     28 October 2012

no wating time needed, already decree is awarded to you, if you have a partner then you can marry now.

1 Like

Ranee....... (NA)     28 October 2012

I think 90 days for MCD..as this period is over in your case, you can remarry now.

1 Like

priyanka (student)     29 October 2012

but i went to a marriage registrar....without seeing my papers...she told me i cant marry till 6mths.... is it true that i have to wait for 6mthns to marry????

498 A fighter (Advocate)     29 October 2012

priyanka why are you in hurry of second marriage now it is headeache of your partner what he says?

just apply to office and wait for six months,till then you also enquire about him! and you also get time to analyse all advantages and disadvantages of your coming situation.

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     29 October 2012

Section 30 in The Special Marriage Act, 1954
30. Remarriage of divorced persons.- Where a marriage has been dissolved by a decree of divorce, and either there is no right of appeal against the decree or if there is such a right of appeal, the time for appealing has expired without an appeal having been presented, or an appeal has been presented but has been dismissed 2[ either party to the marriage may marry again. 

time of appeal  is 90 days..If no appeal was filed within 90 days or you have not received any summons within 90 days you are free to marry..

regards

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

1 Like

priyanka (student)     29 October 2012

thanx guys

498 A fighter (Advocate)     30 October 2012

just read the attachment ,

and decide

Attached File : 805455748 remary.docx downloaded: 78 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register