LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreekanth   28 March 2017

Relinquishment deed validity on self acquired property

I own ancestral land and also own one house which is self acquired. I have two sons both married. Elder son deceased with no children and daughter in law (widow) staying with her parents.

Widow daughter in law agreed to reqlinquish the rights on all properties owned by me ancestral land and self acquired house for consideration of lumpsum amount.

Do i need to include only ancestral properties only in relinquishment deed or we can include house also which is self acquired. I am ready to pay stamp duty to avoid future disputes from widow daughter in law.  I read some where online relinquishment of rights is applicable only to ancestral undivided property and not on self acquired while owner alive.

Please advise here in case relinquishment deed will be invalid or void if i include self acquired property along with ancestral.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 March 2017

No need for relinquishment deed of your DIL for your self-acquired house property.

If you are willing to spend (invest) for stamp duty + registration charges prefer a Gift/Sale Deed registered for the share of your DIL.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register