Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SOUMY BABY   16 July 2015

Relieving letter at the time of bond

HI ,

I am working in an IT firm (L&T Infotech) from October 2013.In February 2015  I signed a 15 month bond with my current employer for applying H1B Visa.As per the bond signed by me with Gurantor as my sister,If the VISA application is rejected I am no longer in Bond.I dont know the status of current VISA status in USCIS(United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) Portal as my current employer has not provided any reference number to me.

I have attached the bond .In the bond in clause 13 says if the H1B application is rejected I will no longer be in bond.But they are neither confirming I am in bond or my application is accepted.

I got a new offer from a better employer in June 2015 and they are ready to reimburse my bond amount of 2 lakhs .They communicated to me 

"They will reimburse the bond breaking penalty amount on actuals to you once you joined our organization and submit the F&F document reflecting the aforementioned amount.

You need to claim the amount with all original documents from L&T InfoTech. Please treat this email as a confirmation from our side."

I have resigned from the services of L&T infotech on 15th June 2015 with 3 months notice.As per system my last working day is 11th September 2015.

L&T has not accepted my resignation yet .I have sent several notice to them saying I am ready to pay the bond if I am liable to pay.So please me provide me the details if my H1B application is accepted.

I sent mails to HR saying 

" please provide me the details on how the bond amount has to be paid if there is a liability from my side as no recovery from salary started.

On payment of bond amount, I would also require return of original bond signed by me and my sister , Bond Cancellation letter & Bond Amount Receipt included in Full and Final Settlement if I am liable to pay the bond Amount."

My current employer  not yet replied whether I am liable to pay or will I be relieved on 11th September 2015.

I am ready to pay the bond amount and ready to fulfill the contract.But I am not getting any aresponse from My HR.

I dont want to stuck in the current company unncessarily .So please advice me what I can do in this case.

Regards

Soumy

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2015

You may write on your own to concerned authority to let you know status of application;Rejected or Accepted. Can anyone stop you from doing so?

Did you download the page showing date from USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) Portal? If yes attach it and you may  claim that your application has not been submitted at all.

You may also include in your write ups (from personal email or by letter thru Redg. Post) to your company that no reference number has been supplied to you till date………………..and download all communications, copy of the bond, VISA application etc.

The prospective employer has mentioned ‘bond breaking penalty amount on actuals’!

It also indicates that current employer shall have to supply the original bills of each amount that it claims!

You need to confirm it in writing from both.

Apparently you have resigned thru some software resignation tool! Do you have the copy of the resignation submitted by you? Did you mention notice period in it……………….or the software issued the date of relieving? You may submit a resignation addressed to appointing authority also, on paper by Redg. Post, and attach/mention about resignation tool too.

Is HR your employer, appointing authority, owner of the company? Don’t remain entangled with HR. Submit a full narration of all representations made so far with copy of resignation submitted by you in resignation tool and on paper, and mention your demands………………………and don’t forget to mention that NO tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge under proper acknowledgment on the spot. You can mark the copies to one and all.

You are in which state, what is your designation and anture of duties, and for how many months you are working with M/s L&T Infotech?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register