Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dbanna (clerk)     24 September 2013

Relieving letter

Hi,

I need your suggestion, I m facing a problem in getting the relieving letter. I was working in wipro and have resigned in april 2007. I  couldn't collect the relieving letter during that time. Now i have raised the request to provide the letter, and they have happily agreed to give it, as i m willing to join back in wipro.

The 'No Dues' are cleared, but final settlement is not getting processed, as the HR has stopped processing my request, saying i have taken some external loan from citi bank and my CIBIL is not clear, so they are refusing to give the relieving letter.( Earlier i have requested in the forum regarding citibank exploitation on PL and their harrasment. Now wipro HR is pushing me to get the deal with citibank.)

Please let me know, how to resolve this issue as without relieving letter they won't allow me to join back, and to get the relieving letter they want clearance from citi bank and CIBIL.

Please help.

Thanks,Annan

Learning

3 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     24 September 2013

You need to enter into correspondence with citi bank and cibil in regards to atleast a no objection from them for no dues cleareance may be on prospective scale so as to secure employment.

Regards

dbanna (clerk)     25 September 2013

But this doesn't have any connection with Citibank.

Issue with Citibank, i have taken a loan and settled with post write off. even in cibil, the citi bank loan is showing as current balance 0. later i was getting some mails and charges of suvidha a/c maintainence with compound interested charges, i asked them to close it, they said i have to pay 1 lac towards the loan closure, then they can consider my request to take any action.

now, wipro is refusing to give relieving letter, unless i get clearance from citibank. I feel like, wipro hr is trying to fool me, by refusing to provide relieving letter in some context. I m sure, things won't move unless i take some strong action.

Please advice, what is the best/ legal approach..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2013

You have posted that:

-------“and they have happily agreed to give it, as i m willing to join back in wipro.

This seems to be the bone of contention.

Some employers do not want to take on board the candidates whose history with credit bureau’s show delinquency, default, outstanding……………….

------“i have taken some external loan from citi bank and my CIBIL is not clear, so they are refusing to give the relieving letter.

“even in cibil, the citi bank loan is showing as current balance 0.

Suvidha thing is probably some life insurance whose premium is paid thru card.

You should have given instructions to close it.

If Citibank has never supplied the policy document etc then you may have the chance to close the matter………………

--------“now, wipro is refusing to give relieving letter, unless i get clearance from citibank.

Wipro may refuse to allow rejoining but can’t take the reason to decline relieving letter.

The limitation period for FNF in your case might have been perceived as 3Y by Wipro, however if you succeed to be covered as ‘Workman’ as in ID Act you should not have issues……………………

Approach your lawyer.

There are many threads on FNF/Relieving letter which you may find relevant and useful e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Notice-period-not-served-in-full-425096.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Employer-not-relieving-employee-contt-89308.asp#.UkP5C9KAqWM

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Empolyer-forcing-for-notice-period-89058.asp#.UkAj49KAqWM

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register