LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohamedjameelalikhan   13 November 2015

Reliance data card payment threatening calls

I have received a threatening call from reliance asking me to pay my pending amount and for which I informed them about my situation and have asked time till 30th this month end... However they did not accept my timeframe... Instead they have threatened stating that they will block my current mobile number which is not reliance network and they have also stated that they are going to block all my communications and will also block my passport under mobile credibility law... I don't understand of this mobile credibility law and how it can affect my other network number as I have been paying my mobile bill properly and where is the connection between my mobile number and passport. Kindly explain me what kind of an action I can take about this incident. I am paying the bill any which ways by 30th of November.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 November 2015

Did you record threatening calls?

Record all such calls and ask the caller to speak his full name/designation/name of employer that has employed him-her/his phone number from which call is made/address from which he is calling/email id/same for his boss etc........................and state clearly what is your response and prohibit to call you on phone again and ask to send all communications by letter thru Redg. Post.

You may lodge complaint with Nodal Officer, TRAI, police and DCDRF if required.

If you are unable to resolve lean on your able lawyer.

siddhartha sinha   13 November 2015

Author, you may relax if you are not wilfully defaulting and have a genuine reason not to pay. But have pity on the poor guy who is under so much stress to collect dues that he is concocting imaginary laws which experts of this forum havent heard of. Just say you pity him the next time he dares call. And yes in such cases build evidence as much as you can. Record all calls.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 November 2015

Any thing must be under a legal process and exploring all avenues.  Even the court can not force the borrower to pay, and always considers if the difficulty is genuine.

I suggest that you should send post dates cheques proving your sincerity and commitment with a covering letter, which gives you a strong footing on your sincerity to repay the bill.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     15 November 2015

All these calls are hoax calls and are done merely to intimidate you to pay your bills. Therefore ignore them and avoid being harassed by such anti social persons.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register