Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NOEL PHILIP (PROFESSOR)     02 April 2014

Releving order

Sir,

After  15 years of continuous service of in a private self financing  college , I am resigned  from the post of Professor after giving them  3 monthsadvance notice period.There is no disputes and also because of relocation only took such decision.But the management is not willing to note my  character certificate in my relieving order.I request many times,they are saying we do not have that type format.But it is mandatory for my future profession.Kindly advice me how to get it (after several polite request  they denied).Is it possible to get through legal way? please help me.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 April 2014

You can file a suit in high court. Court may enquire and order the management to issue the certificate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 April 2014

File a suit for mandatory injunction or a writ of mandamus

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 April 2014

Such matters are best resolved by applying rapport, goodwill, and exceptional levels of Persuasion, persistence, reasoning, negotiation skills.

If there is no format then 2 lines can be inserted.

A college/school does issue ‘Character Certificate’………….

It is a practice/tradition……………..It is a requirement too as it is stipulated in the rules by Boards like CBSE..............

Hence it should be issued too.

The Directorate of Education officials may agree to help you. It might be in the rules also.

The united forum of Teachers and various associations may guide you on how to handle the situation.

>>> Head of Institution is responsible for maintaining service book of teachers………………..it is mentioned by even Board like CBSE:

23. Head of the School- Duties, Powers and

Responsibilities

iv) Be responsible for the proper maintenance of accounts of the school, school records,

service books of teachers, and such other registers, returns and statistics as may be

specified by the Society/Board.

CHAPTER-VII

SERVICE RULES FOR EMPLOYEES

26. Medical Certificate and Character Certificate etc.

b) Two certificates from educationists or any other respectable members of Society, not

related to the candidate, certifying the character and conduct to the satisfaction of the

school authorities.

43. Service Books and Confidential Rolls

1. Service Book containing factual record of the employee, salary scale, increments, promotion,

leave record, any disciplinary action or reward etc. shall be maintained for each employee on

the form prescribed by the Education Directorate of the State/U.T. concerned. The signature of

the employee shall be obtained for entries in the Service Book. Service Book should be duly

attested by the Head of the school in the case of employees and by the person authorised / the

Manager / Secretary / Correspondent in the case of Head of the institution.

3. ………………. The employee concerned may

represent against the adverse entry………..

4. Personal files shall be maintained by the school for each employee.

>>> Teachers are not covered as ‘Workman’, otherwise IN case of workmen employer do maintain Service Card and there is provision of issuing Certificate of Commendation……………………….

https://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/doit_labour/Labour/Home/Acts+Implemented/Details+of+the+Acts+Implemented/The+Industrial+Employment++Act,+1946/The+Industrial+Employment+%28Standing+Orders%29+Central+Rules,+1946

Service Card (FormV)

Promotions

(i)

Details

(ii)

Awards

(iii)

Issue of certificate of Commendation

Otherwise you may peruse legal route.

Attached File : 574200646 cbse affiliation bye laws.pdf downloaded: 107 times

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 April 2014

Firstly write to management of the college requesting them to issue the desired certificate, get an acknowledgment for it, if they decline then adopt legal recourse of action as suggested by experts above.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 April 2014

Apparently the college management is deliberately making an issue. The cue is taken from another thread initiated by you.

Obtain copy of your service book, personnel file too..................

The DOE officials/authorities can help you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register