Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ravi teja singh (JE)     18 March 2014

Relevance of patent

hi forum members,

it has been long time since i last visited the forum. In the mean while there has been lot of posts i see. I missed on much.

Recently i have been going through several patent related blogs and website. I got to learn great about several types of patent database and patents filed by various inventor. I looked into different patent application which was granted. After researching quite a bit i started wondering how many of the patent filed every year is relevant to a common man. Some of the patent are so bizzare that i personally would never spend a penny on such product e.g. there is a bed which supports near about every s*x position. why would anyone buy that? there is also a patent granted for a mouth mask with lock. this product as claimed helps in reducing weight. weird? Top of this there is a patent granted for a product which sanitises your gas you expell when you have acidity so that nobody is able to smell the foul scent. My point is does the patent office grant patent without judging the relevance of invention to the common. If yes then why ?

I hope to hear from you all pretty soon.

Regards

Chaitanya

Learning

4 Replies

ravi teja singh (JE)     18 March 2014

Dear seekAdvice,

i don't need legal support for this. I just wanted to get an opinion of forum user.

what people have to say about this

manasa (legal executive)     03 April 2014

good observation but we should be calm as some people may enjoy it even with out any relevancy..

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     15 May 2014

This is the area of over wise human beings. We cannot expect better from them.

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     04 June 2014

In many western countries patent is a welcome in any form as it come for a discovery any discover of any sort may be same but a little minute different is also patented we can do nothing but when cause of action arise defend the same i really appreciate your findings really a good research, i only like to add is countrys now try to boost patent because it brings revenue back in the country,

Do rectify me what do you fell,,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register