Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Shagir   26 December 2015

Release not provided.

Hi,

This is Md.Shagir, when I have joined my company I have signed my offer letter in which was mentioned 30 days of notice period but while leaving or when I have resigned mentioning date of resigned and last day of working.The emailed was reverted by my manager stating you have serve for a period of 90 days. I have servered 47 days and I left my company with a mail stating as mentioned and leaving Id card to my TL and informed my HR.

So is it possible to get my release letter and PF.

Thanks,

Md.Shagir

Learning

6 Replies

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     26 December 2015

1) Yes.  If your appointment order clearly specified the notice period is 30 days, then you are in order.

2) Ensure the charge under your control is handedover properly and recorded in writing.

3) You will get your relieving letter.

4) Its not clear whether you joined new company. For PF follow prescribed procedures. 

Md Shagir   27 December 2015

Thanks sir and how to proceed further and I am about to join new company.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 December 2015

1. What is issued to you; Offer Letter or Appointment letter?

You  have probably not carefully gone thru all statements in Offer letter/appointment letter. Companies are knwon to mention that service conditions/T&C of the appointment shall be governed by say: HR Policy/Service Rules and regulations etc...........................and even that these are on say............'Employee Portal'.

Many time copy of such HR Policy/Service Rules and regulations etc are not provided alongwith offer/apointment letter?

Do you have copy of HR Policy/Service Rules and regulations etc? You may post the extarcts from these.

Then without any prior intimation the T&C on some intranet/internal portal are changed.

Did you ask your manager in writing under proper acknowledgment that who/how and when changed the notice period to 90days and why as notice period in appointment letter is 30days and that you intimated notice  accordingly and have served it also.

2. The manager is to go by the written/unwritten policies of the employer for him/her.

Hence you may not get relief from manager.

Therefore you may submit final communication to good offices of appointign authority,MD under proepr acknowledgment and demand to supply the (appointment letter if it is not supplied),acknowledged copy of notice and final resignation, acceptance of resignation, service certificate,relieivng letter, correct FnF statement showing computation of earned wages/bonus/leave encashment/incentives/reimbursments etc, Form16 as per correct FnF statement, acknowledgment of handover of charge and company property, NOC/NDC, salary slip of each month, PF a/c number and a/c slips of each year, ESIC Card,etc

3. What is this establishment: Commercial, Industrial?

What is its line of business e.g; BPO Etc?

You were located in which state?

Redg. office of the company is located in which state?

How many persons are employed in it?

What is length of your service on date of notice of resignation, and till LWD?

Whats is your designation and nature of duties?

Are you a member of employee's/trade unions?

Md Shagir   27 December 2015

I am from IT background and company is situated in Mumbai.

All the document which are with states 30 days of notice period and my problem is release letter as beacuse I have walked away in 47 days with mail confirmation that I am leaving.

Please help me in getting my release letter.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 December 2015

You have not replied to all points.

Reply to all points, pointwise for better response.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 December 2015

Provide full information as questioned by expert Mr. Kumar Doab for proper opinion and advise .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register