LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok (prop)     16 June 2018

Release deed of ancestral propert

My grandmother  had three heirs  My father, Uncle and  their sister , My father is died ,  so my mother  is legal heir for my father  share in tne property , my mother being legal heir can she release her rights in the property by release deed with the consent of my two borthers , or Release deed itself is illegal in this case . As i am getting different opinion from Different advocate.Please guide .

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 June 2018

In your family, apart from your mother, you have how many brother(s) and sister(s)?

Whether your mother has released the prroperty?

If so, in whose favour?

When did she release the property?

ashok (prop)     16 June 2018

We are 3 brother , and mother  want to release the property on My name  with the consent of my brothers  and  thiis is mutually agreed So can she make release deed  which will  help us to save stamp duty . 

arunkumar   18 June 2018

Release deed is possible but gift deed will save stamp duty which can be made on 500 rs stamp paper .consult a local lawyer near registration office

ashok (prop)     18 June 2018

For GFT deed  do we need  Gift from mother only or even brother need to Gift the same to me , or In that case we need to pay  stamp duty  for bothe brother  as mother Gift deed can be done only on Rs 500 stamp paper 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register