LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   01 December 2015

Registry related

We have purchase a property from two persons and money has given by cheque to both of them . 

cheque  no is mentioned in registry but after that one of them , returned cheque to me and asking to do payment in cash. 

I want to ask is it legal, Can I do a cash payment?

Learning

4 Replies

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     01 December 2015

If you dont have agreement to sell, than giving cash is risky.when you give cash take take acknowledgement and receipt. Adv. Nitish Banka 9891549997

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 December 2015

Once you had mentioned that you had paid the amount by cheque no. such and such then you must give him cheque, if he is asking for cash then you have to make amendments/ corrections on documents also .

Ram   01 December 2015

If I take a written receipt stating that payment given in cash instead of cheque, will it work. Or what should be format for acknowledgement.

zankar11*   02 December 2015

I HAVE BOOKED A FLAT IN A RESIDENTIAL SCHEME IN AHMEDABAD AND THE BUILDER HAS EXECUTED AN AGREEMENT TO SALE (BANA KHAT)  AND NOTARISED THE SAME. WHEN THE DOCUMENT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE BANK, THEY HAVE ADVISED THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHS OF EXECUTANTS ARE REQUIRED BUT THE BUILDER INSISTS THAT THIS IS NOT REQUIRED. NO OTHER IDENTITY EVIDENCES LIKE PAN CARD/PASSPORT PHOTOCOPIES ARE ATTACHED TO THE NOTARISED DOCUMENT. IS IT NOT NECESSARY TO AFFIX PHOTOGRAPHS OF EXECUTANTS AS CLAIMED BY BUILDER? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register