LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aravind   28 May 2016

Registration sale deed in my name but patta in temple name

It is my Agricultural land.. owned it for 40 years..now i want to transfer this in to my son name through will..

Documents of this land - registered sale deed in my name and patta title owner in temple name.. regularly im paying agricultural tax, house tax, electricity bill and all.. i consulted VAO he said you can make a will with tis registered sale deed.. but changing title owner takes time.. ie.patta name.. 

now problem is, can i make a will? or how to change patta to my name? is there any way the government can take my land? im living there for my lifetime.. but how to transfer to my sons? anyother way to solve this issue? can i sell it without patta?

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     28 May 2016

sir if u specify name of ur state then we can able to guide u.

consult local lawyer.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 May 2016

while selling your property, the prospective buyer would have asked for a copy of the latest mutation. Many people do not know the importance of the document hence, let us start with understanding what mutation is?

Mutation is the change of title ownership from one person to another when the property is sold or transferred. By mutating a property, the new owner gets the property recorded on his name in the land revenue department and the government is able to charge property tax from the rightful owner. The documentation procedure and the fee payable vary from state to state.

Documents required for mutation in case of inheritance or Will are:

• Death Certificate
  • Copy of Will or Succession Certificate
  • Indemnity bond on stamp paper of requisite value
  • Affidavit on stamp paper of requisite value attested by a Notary
  • Receipt of up-to-date property tax payment in case of Power of Attorney
  • Copy of Power of Attorney.
  • Copy of Will
  • Receipt for payment registered with a sub-registrar
  • Application for mutation with court fee stamp affixed on it

Aravind   29 May 2016

thank you for reply.. im from tamilnadu..

The land title owner in temple name.. previous owner sold this land to temple nd got patta in temple name ..after then he sold it to me and registered in my name through sale deed.. we are not aware about mutation or patta 40years ago.. but still we pay all taxes in my name ..  now oly i came to know that patta name should in my name for written a will .. what to do now sir? anyother go.. VAO saying you can own this land for any generations but without split.. he also said you can apply for patta but this take long time to transfer temple land to you name

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register