LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mala (housewife)     16 June 2010

Registration requirements

I am a tenant in PUNE who has got his leave and licence agreement registered with the authorities in Pune.  I am trying to use the contents of this agreement for another house which my uncle has let out recently for the first time.

So far my landlord asked me to pay Rs.1000/- as 50% of registration expenses and appear at the Registration office where our finger pritns and photgraphs were taken

Now I am told that we have to engage a lawyer, who will create the leave and licence document on stamp paper. Take a token from the registrar's office, bribe the people at the office and complete all the formalities at a total cost of 4000-5000.

Can someone tell me an easier and relatively cheaper way?

Learning

1 Replies

Daksh (Student)     18 June 2010

Ms.Mala,

Please find enclosed a draft of the Leave and Licence Agreement for your perusal. 

Licence Deed

This Licence Deed is made and executed at Ludhiana city on this 18th day of March 2009, by & between _Ashwani Sood , House No 602, Sector 40-A Chandigarh, hereinafter referred for to as the Licensor  (who being the lawful owner of the captioned premises and is entitled to provide the same on Licence basis for use and occupation of residential purposes) , and  Mr Ashok ,____________________________, hereinafter  referred as the Licensee.

Whereas, the Licensee has requested the Licensor, to provide the residential premises bearing address: _______________________________________ ____________________________ ______________________________________ ___________________________ in consideration of the Licence Fee hereinafter reserved for using and occupying the premises for a particular period and particular purpose only and as per the conditions hereinafter stated.
Now this Deed of Licence  witnesses as follows:

1. The Licensee shall pay a monthly Licence Fee of Rs 4000.00 (in words Four Thousand Only) on or before 19 th day of every month.

2. The duration of this licence deed arrangement shall only be in force for a period of eleven months w.e.f 18th day of March 2009, and the month of tenancy being the English calendar month.

3. The Licensor shall have the right to terminate the Licence deed arrangement and claim cost, damages, interest, if the Licensee fails to pay the Licence Fee regularly for a consecutive period of two or more months, or commits breach of any of the terms herein.

4. The Licensee shall use the premises only for residential purpose and shall not use it for any offensive or objectionable purpose, and shall not any consent of the Licensor hereby a sublet under lease or part the possession of the any whomsoever or make any alteration of permanent nature therein.

5. The Licensor shall allow the Licensee peaceful possession of  enjoyment of the premises during the subsistence of this Licence Deed provided the Licensee acts up to the terms of this Licence Deed.

6. The Licensee shall not cause any damage to the fixed fixtures on the above said residential premises. Any damage cause shall be repaired at the cost of the Licensee and for this purposes any/all action/s of the Licensor shall be final and binding without failure or demur on the licensee.

7. The Licensee shall pay electricity & Water  chargers separately and the Licensor shall pay the property taxes. Further in the eventuality of compliance of Registration modality of this Licence Deed the requisite payment if any shall be solely borne by the Licencee alone.

8.   It is hereby agreed and understood by the Licencee that during the subsistence of this Licence Deed he undertakes to keep licensor indemnitied on demand without failure of demur, saved, defended, harmless at all times against all losses, costs, actions, demands, risks, charges, expenses, damages etc. on demand which shall be final and binding on the licencee.

8. It is hereby agreed that one month notice on either side is required for the termination of this Licence Deed.

9. This Licence Deed is for a limited period and limited purpose only and the same cannot be renewed for any further period/s.

10. After the expiry of 11 months of this Licence deed the Licencee will settle all his dues and provide to the Licensor the peaceful and vacant possession of the same failing which it will be lawful for the Licensor to claim cost/damages @ Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand) per day for unauthorized occupation of the premises without failure or demur.

11.   In the eventuality of the dispute amongst the parties the courts at Ludhiana shall be having the exclusive jurisdiction to entertain and adjudicate any dispute/s amongst the parties to this Licence Deed.

In witnesses whereof the parties have set their respective hands onto this agreement, of the day, the month & the year first above written.

Licensor

Licensee

Witnesses:

For other formats you may log in to www.chamberpractice.com

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register