LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aloke (SPM)     03 September 2018

Registration of will

1) My 91 years old mother currently staying with her daughter in Pune Maharashtra & cannot be moved to her home at Delhi. Can she make her WILL at Pune Maharashtra? Whether she has to go personally for Registration of the WILL, if so possible?

2) Can my mother give Special Power of Attorney to any of her child for her properties in Delhi & whether she has to get such POA registered at Delhi or Maharashtra?

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 September 2018

Will can be made and registered at any place where the testator is living irrespective of all her property where these are situated in the world. This last need not come to Delhi for making and registering her Will, that can be done in Mumbai itself.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 September 2018

Will can be made and registered in Pune Maharashtra.

priyanka jain (student)     03 September 2018

According to the law of succession, A will can be made anywhere in the world as far as it is duly signed and attested. Registeration of a will is not compulsory. But for a will to be valid you need to get it probated by the court after the death of the testator.

priyanka jain (student)     03 September 2018

According to the law of succession, A will can be made anywhere in the world as far as it is duly signed and attested. Registeration of a will is not compulsory. But for a will to be valid you need to get it probated by the court after the death of the testator.

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     05 September 2018

I endorse view expressed by learner experts that a will can be made at any place in respect of one's properties located anywhere. Further, there is no legal rewuirement that a will needs to be registered. But one has to ensure its due attestation by two witnesses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register